So you just got engaged and you’re stressing out? Relax, the average time between the engagement and your wedding day is a year or more. You’ve got some time so have some fun with your planning. Check out some of the ideas below for a guaranteed good time.
1. Announce your engagement at a Giants game
Sure, you’ll call your parents right away – but save the fun announcement for your friends and of course, the Giants! Photo by This Love of Yours Photography
2. Have your engagement party at Southern Pacific Brewing
Southern Pacific Brewing is a great spot for an engagement party. Their atrium like warehouse is located in the heart of the Mission and serves great drinks and food. Oh yeah, their beer is fantastic!
3. Tour San Francisco centric wedding venues
Spots like the Bently Reserve, Julia-Morgan Ballroom and Fort Mason Center are so San Francisco it’s crazy. When you tour these wedding venues make sure to ask about their history – some have outstanding stories!
4. Take engagement photos at Lands End
5. Also take a San Francisco-inspired save the date
If you’re sending out save the dates (or even posting them on Facebook) do something San Francisco-inspired like this one
6. Ask your BFFs to be in your wedding party
It’s great to do this one-on-one and in person. Give them hugs and maybe a gift card or bottle of wine to make it extra special.
7. Organize a planning-pub crawl in North Beach
Make a wedding planning night of it – you, your fiance and some friends. Stop by each place (Romolo, Columbus Cafe and Church Key) for drinks and apps and talk about your big day.
8. Social shop for a wedding dress at And Something Blue
And Something Blue’s location in Russian Hill makes it perfect to “social shop.” Bring your bridesmaids, find a dress then walk to dinner in Russian Hill. It will be an awesome night, we promise 🙂
9. Tag along for bridesmaids’ dress fittings
You love hanging out with your bridesmaids, so why not? Take them out to dinner after the fittings for a fun night
10. Are you hungry yet? Check out potential caterers
If you’re looking for a wedding caterer make sure to do tastings with your top choices – and go in hungry!
11. Do even more tastings… of cake and desserts!
12. Visit some San Francisco shops for your wedding registry
Sure, there’s the big chains out there that make registries really easy, but you can get way cooler stuff from local San Francisco shops. Heath Ceramics and Sue Fisher King are some San Francisco favorites
13. Do a trial hair and make-up session
Yes, this is fun but it’s also important. Make sure to test out your look for one of the biggest days of your life. Check out wedding hair and makeup vendors here!
14. Take super-sexy, San Francisco boudoir shots
Your future hubby will love it! Several of these San Francisco Wedding Photographers also do boudoir, so check them out!
15. Have a fun, no-holds-barred bachelor/bachelorette party
Of course there’s the standard rent a limo, do dinner and hit the clubs night. But if you want to go above and beyond this, try a pole dancing class with your besties!
16. Get married and start your new, exciting life together
This is what it’s all about folks! All your ‘fun’ planning led up to this big day so be sure to enjoy it with the love of your life 🙂 Photo by Anna Wu Photography